Monday, January 31, 2011

Mandi Beckham, Basically.

Let's face it: there is nothing natural about getting up and running around in circles unless you are trying to catch something, or you found out about a JCrew Warehouse Sale at the last minute. However, I'm confident in saying that once we get into a rhythm of exercise, we'll become addicted to the endorphins and find ourselves in support groups in no time! But until that glorious day- how do we motivate ourselves?

Cuh-lothes, obviously! We must channel our athletic alter-egos and dress accordingly. For example, I always wished I was a soccer player. Therefore, when I workout I often wear bright orange soccer socks. This way people will look at me and think: Wow! She is going running right after a soccer game! Where does she get the stamina? -- Which only motivates me to zoom past people even faster and I end up sprinting ten miles, or something like that. 

So what is your athletic alter-ego? Channel it and you will be working out in no time! Wish you were a cheerleader (didn't we all?) Soffe shorts. Gymnast? Spandex. Swimmer? Goggles. Sure, you might look a little silly running in goggles, but the important thing to remember is that you are getting your exercise- no matter how much of scene you will undoubtedly cause.

It is also important to note that most athletic gear is very expensive, and if you aren't ready to drop hundreds of dollars on running attire then check out the Activewear at Target.

On a related note, running shoes are way overpriced. However, the importance of buying quality shoes cannot be overstated-- people won't take your running seriously unless your shoes are fancy! So here is my advice: order them online. You can find much better deals on ebay and amazon then you can at your local running store. It never hurts to check out discount stores while you're at it either. I found an awesome pair of Puma running shoes at Ross this weekend for 27 dollars. I have no idea about the quality- but they look great!

Anyway, as much as I'd love to stay and chat- I've got soccer practice in a few minutes...

until next time,
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment