Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Memoirs of a Frizz-Head

Long, long ago, in a far away land, I was six years old and had dreamy fairytale hair. At least that's how I like to remember it- like a slow-motion glamor shot, with winds blowing and hair billowing. Anyway, the problem was that I started looking like Mini-Rapunzel, and around that same time my mother was getting into the short haircut thing. Cute bobs were happening everywhere and she wanted me to be a part of it.

The horrific events that took place next went a little something like this: snip,snip,snip, explode. That's right, my hair exploded. It was like the Grinch's heart, only on my head. My fairytale hair turned into nightmare on hickory street (that's where I grew up). I mean seriously you guys, it was a giant triangle bob! After the explosion, my mother felt so bad for me that she decided it needed to be shorter. Yep. The next thing I know, I'm sitting at the salon with not one but three- yes, three people attempting to cut my hair. I walked out of the salon that day with a haircut so terrible, it hurts to even say it. I went from giant triangle bob, to a muffin-shaped pixie cut. Dear friends, I redefined the muffin top.

So I think it goes without saying that for the last 20 years I've been growing it out. With the exception of a few minor hiccups in there: one other really bad hair cut and one incident with red hair dye, which ended with me looking like the Little Mermaid. Trust me, you don't want to be a part of that world. Life is not better when your hair is redder, take it from me. Unless, of course, you are a natural redhead and in that case, good for you, sister!

What I'm trying to say here is that if you have crazy-explosion-triangle-muffintop-syndrome, I have a secret treasure for you. We all know about the revolutionary power of the flat iron, but what many do not realize is that you don't have to spend $200 to get the fairytale hair that you love. The Remington Wet 2 Straight flat iron is only $30 dollars and it works 2x faster than the Chi or Paul Mitchell. I promise! (It works best and quickest if you blow dry your hair first, obvi.)

 Go ahead, friends. Whip your fairytale hair back and forth!

Yours Truly,
Mandi

2 comments:

  1. I dont know if i should admit this, but I own that very same remington flat-iron. Purchased back in school when I was growing out my overly wavy locks and not owning a blow dryer, it worked out perfectly for me. It is actually still working like a champ today, 3 years later. (Of course mine doesnt get much use, outside of Halloween and Lent.)

    Word of warning, beware using it on wet hair over the "25" setting, the steam will buuurn.

    AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, AK. Thanks for commenting! I'm glad to see that someone out there is reading this :)

    ReplyDelete